Reflecting on Practice Coaching Workshop
- May 17 -19, 2018, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- California Academy of Sciences
- San Francisco, CA
- Sliding Scale Costs $0 - $250
About the Coaching Workshop & Program
We are pleased to offer a Reflecting on Practice Coaching Workshop, designed by educational researchers from Lawrence Hall of Science and led in collaboration with the California Academy of Sciences. Reflecting on Practice is a modular professional learning program, specifically designed for informal educators, environmental educators, and interpreters.
The workshop familiarizes leaders with a nationally field-tested curriculum for advancing informal education, and building an organizational culture of reflective practice and incorporating research on learning into everyday work experiences.
During this workshop, you will:
(a) experience portions of the modular curriculum as a learner,
(b) reflect on and problem solve for barriers related to shifting organizational culture, and
(c) develop a personalized implementation plan for your own site.
You will receive a curriculum binder, a book on coaching teams, and some follow-up support after the workshop is complete.
What if I can't attend the workshops in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Regional Leaders around the country offer Reflecting on Practice Coaching Workshops. Visit this website to apply for one of the other workshops.
- January 17 - 19, 2018: Audubon Louisiana Nature Center, New Orleans, LA
- January 22 - 23, 2018: North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh, NC
- January 31 - February 1, 2018, North Carolina Aquarium at Ft. Fisher, Kure Beach, NC
- February 13-14, 2018: Seacoast Science Center, Rye, NH
- February 26 - 28, 2018: Trinity River Audubon Center, Dallas, TX
- May 2-4, 2018: American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
- May 15 - 17, 2018: California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco, CA
Don't see a workshop that meets your location or timing needs? RoP Leaders can travel to you and host a workshop for educators in your area.